Kashmir to Kanyakumari on bike | A device every biker must have
Biking is a very common hobby in India which is followed very passionately and with dedication. Long-distance biking provides the riders with the thrills as the weather, terrain, scenery everything changes within a few kilometers. Kashmir to Kanyakumari on bike (K2K) is one such cross country route that gives the riders a chance to cover the full length of the country and travel through challenging conditions. In this article, we will get to know why GPS trackers for bike is beneficial for bike riders.
In India, Bikes and 2-wheelers are the most popular mode of transport in terms of market share. This is partly due to the affordable pricing which is significantly lower than a 4-wheeled vehicle. Also, the condition of traffic also makes it logical for the customer to opt for 2-wheelers. GPS tracker for bikes is quite an important feature that helps the riders to keep track of their vehicle in real-time.
Biking enthusiasts who like travelling long distances on their bikes are often looking for solutions because that helps them to monitor their vehicles and have dedicated statistics to help them to plan future excursions effectively. For this purpose, a dedicated GPS tracker helps them and provides many distinct features.
GPS tracker for bikes guarantees you the excitement that comes with bike-riding coupled with the awareness regarding your vehicle elongating the life and quality of your vehicle.
Kashmir to Kanyakumari on bike real-life example –
Sridhar’s journey from Kashmir to Kanyakumari:
Sridhar Chidumalla (born on January 2, 1978) of Vashi, Navi Mumbai set off on his journey from Kashmir to Kanyakumari on bike on June 25, 2018, which he finished on June 28, 2018, in an astonishing 75 hours. During the process, he achieved an Indian record of completing the fastest North-South solo expedition according to the Limca Book of Records.
When Sridhar started from Leh in Kashmir, his bike was equipped with our Onelap Telematics GPS Tracker. The tracker recorded all the locations that were visited along the way and every stoppage made during the trip.
It showed the playback history of the trip for each day separately and the time is taken to complete that distance.
He travelled through 10 states and 2 union territories along the NH 44. During this ride, he overcame many challenges in the form of the varying altitudes, temperature differences, snow, landslides, physical exertion among others but he kept on his task which was to complete the Kashmir to Kanyakumari (K2K) route. He befittingly was rewarded for his perseverance as his record is still intact and is very hard to beat.
Along with his passion for travelling, Sridhar actively spreads awareness regarding social causes such as Beti Bachao Beti Padhao through stickers on his bikes. Since he travels through remote villages during this long journey. He uses this opportunity to engage with people from different regions and background due to which he can use this opportunity to spread awareness amongst them. He also has many other records like a longest ride in a week.
Let us see how Sridhar benefited from using a dedicated GPS tracking device for bikes with the help of a couple of real-time examples:
1. Playback History (powered by Onelap app):
- You get instant access to the exact routes and region which the rider has visited in their trip. This feature also provides information on all the stoppages made by the vehicle as well as vital information which improves the overall performance of the vehicle.
- This playback history proved beneficial for Sridhar to ascertain his claim for a national record which was then reviewed and approved by the Limca Book of Records officials.
2. Real-time tracking:
- During your travels to remote and far-away areas on it becomes necessary to ensure that your vehicle is traced and
tracked against any potential theft. Thefts and robberies are quite common on these long routes so it is advisable to safeguard against it.
- Moreover, if your vehicle breaks down over the course of your journey you can get on-road assistance by providing the maintenance team with your exact and precise location. This saves time both for you and the maintenance people and reduces the duration of the stoppage.
Also, read: How GPS works and its applications?
3. Detailed statistics:
- You have access to stats regarding speed at which the vehicle has been travelling over the course of the trip. Also, it ensures that it adheres to the speed limits of that area. Since overspeeding is quite dangerous so keeping an eye on this helps to keep the customer safe.
- The tracker also gives the total distance covered by the vehicle. Additionally, it helps you to chalk out an estimate of the total amount spent on fuel consumption and an average cost per kilometre. This could be beneficial in the planning of future trips in an efficient manner.
- The estimate of the total time taken in completing the trip also contributes to the proper planning. It also helps to count the time consumed by stoppages.
4. Remote Engine Immobilization:
- This feature enables you to remotely switch off the fuel supply to the engine which debilitates the vehicles. This is an extra safety feature to safeguard you in case of theft.
- You can turn off the engine if you receive the alerts from your GPS device. The alerts will be sent when your vehicle is tampered with or someone forcibly tries to start it.
Looking to buy a GPS tracker for bikes?
Are you looking to travel by bike from Kashmir to Kanyakumari? Onelap Telematics provides you with the best-in-class features for your bike which will help you to protect your bike. This improves its performance by monitoring the detailed reports regarding the different parameters. Buy now on Amazon India(Click here to buy)
The salient features of Onelap’s GPS Tracker are:
1. Firstly, real-time tracking of your vehicle via an application on your mobile phone.
2. Vehicle performance statistics.
3. Data History.
4. Remote Engine Immobilization at your fingertips accessible from anywhere.
5. Define Geofences or Safe zones on the map.
6. Finally, much more affordable than other GPS tracking solutions in the market.
Drop Whatsapp message +91 – 78272 17494 for any queries about how to choose a tracker or to book Onelap Telematics (Hardware or Software solution).
To buy on Amazon : Click here